Thursday 18 June 2009

A tidy mind

In my first post in What Now?, I described how food was a huge part of the life that R and I shared. Even now, 10 months after he died, I always think of him when I tend the vegetable garden, harvest food or go to the freezer to take out a portion of the lamb, pork, chicken or duck that we raised here on the smallholding. He shops for food with me, stands behind me, peering hungrily over my shoulder as I cook and enjoys the end result, asking me to explain what works and what didn't and why a given blend of textures and flavours is particularly good.

Cooking and eating make me feel close to him and bring back so many memories, but I was starting to feel that the food posts didn't marry well with the rest of the blog. Hence moving them to a separate space where I can ramble on about my two favourite subjects in comfort and without clashing.

The first few posts will therefore be copies from the other place. This is possibly cheating, but my inner librarian demands it!

No comments:

Post a Comment